May 02, 2016

Mother of all dragon...flies


This weekend while walking in the garden I got caught in a cloud of dragonflies...I ran to the house to get my camera and some were left in the bushes when I came back.
I would have loved to capture the swarm...I seriously have never seen more than one dragonfly at a time before ...and on very rare occasions too.


Most were red but this one was brown...
I didn't manage to take a photo of one in flight as they were all way too fast for me...but I'll keep trying...hopefully I'll see more from now on.



After the excitement of seeing dragonflies, that cute little chubby spider was kind of boring...


and the ladybug was completely lame...

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Dragonflies make me think to my childhood. Fields were full of them!

Unknown said...

I wish I had a garden with a little pond where a cluster of blue dragonflies could swarm over :)

Stephanie Kilgast said...

hahaha, nice pun!! :D :D
and I love dragonflies! Absolutely on my "to sculpt" list :)

StaroftheEast said...

Never seen more than two at the same time either, must have been amazing. Love your pictures though, even the 'boring' ones :)

Tina Lindholm Kanerva said...

Oh, I used to call dragonflies Evinrude when I was little. (I had a Bernard&Bianca book.) :-)
Such great pictures!

ArigigiPixel said...

Beautiful pics!

AToM said...

Really nice photos!